Data Controller: The Alan Stevenson Partnership Ltd, 34 Victoria Street, Altrincham, Cheshire WA14 1ET
Contact for queries: The Data Protection Manager is Peter Stevenson Tel: 0161 928 3991 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alan Stevenson Partnership Ltd operates as a general insurance agent and also trades as Infocus Insurance for Photographers and Videographers and as Infocus Opticians Insurance for Opticians and related professions
How will we use the information you give us?
We will only use your information on the basis that it is necessary to provide our services, administer your insurance contract or help you make a claim. Where we need to pass information to other firms, it will only be for that purpose. These firms will be Insurers, other insurance brokers and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers and firms that process or administer our records.
When we contact you, it will either be for the above reason, or because we have a legitimate interest in marketing related products. For any other type of marketing it will only be with your consent and in both circumstances, you will be able to withdraw your consent or unsubscribe easily at any time.
If we have to transfer information to a third party outside the EU, we will only do so if a similar level of protection applies. If we need to obtain information which is by nature sensitive, we will only do so on the legal basis that it is deemed to be in the ‘substantial public interest’ – for example to fight crime, prevent fraud or to provide you with insurance.
What type of personal information do we need?
• We may need personal details which might include details of members of your family, lifestyle, finances, business or education.
• We will only collect what is necessary and will only keep it for as long as we are required to do so in line with our business, regulatory and insurer requirements and as set out in our in-house data retention policy.
What other types of information do we need?
• Under certain circumstances we may also need to obtain information about your health or medical conditions.
• We might also need details of criminal convictions.
• We will only collect what is necessary and protect it with appropriate security measures.
How do we obtain your information?
• We may gather it from information you submit to a website, by telephone, face to face or by email.
• We may receive it from insurers, other insurance brokers, introducers, agents and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers and firms that process or store our records.
What are my legal rights?
• You can obtain a copy of your personal information from us without charge by contacting us at the address above.
• This may include the right to transfer information to other providers.
• You have the right to ask us to correct any information we hold on you
• You have the right to ask us to delete any information we hold on you and to object to us using it, unless it is necessary for us to retain it for insurance, legal or financial purposes.
• You may also have the right to object if decisions about you are made solely by a computer.
• You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk, Tel 0303 123 11132.